cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
germano_dagosti
Level 2

Add external distribution packages (i.e. .NET Framework) to my application

Hello,

Is it possible to add a runtime distribution package, like for example .Net Framework, in my application? How to do this?

I want to make a complete setuo, so I want to install also the runtime if this is not installed.

Thank you

Nino
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Madusree
Level 7

Hi,

Your requirement can be met by adding the package as Redistributable to the project

Kindly refer the InstallShield Help Library that is installed with InstallShield Limited Edition.

Kindly refer the topic “Adding .NET Framework Redistributables to project”

Thanks,
Madusree
0 Kudos
mconti
Level 2

Hi,

I would like to add ONLY the

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Redistributable

to my project, but i can't find it. There are the followings:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP2
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0

with their variations (Web Download / Full / Client).

I tried to check for updates, but no updates.
I have InstallShield 2011 LE with Visual Studio 10 SP1.

I know that inside the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP2, there are included the .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0 also, but i would like to distribute only the .NET 2.0. Is it possible ? How I can do that ?

Thanks.

Massimo.
0 Kudos
Madusree
Level 7

Hi,

The .NET 2.0 SP2 prerequisite is not available in InstallShield Limited Edition.

This prerequisite is available in InstallShield Premier and Professional Editions.

You may also include your own custom prerequisite through the Prerequisite Editor which is available in InstallShield Premier and Professional Edition.

Thanks,
Madusree
0 Kudos
suz_wegner
Level 3

Madusree wrote:
Hi,

Your requirement can be met by adding the package as Redistributable to the project

Kindly refer the InstallShield Help Library that is installed with InstallShield Limited Edition.

Kindly refer the topic “Adding .NET Framework Redistributables to project”

Thanks,
Madusree

I have the same problem as mentioned in the original post and I have read the sections that you mention above. But when I go to "Redistributables" under "Specify Application data" the .net frameworks are not listed. How do I get them to appear on the list?

I guess I need a copy of "Install Shield LE for Dummies..."

Thanks for your help.

Susan
0 Kudos
Madusree
Level 7

Hi,

Can you let me know the specific redistributable you are looking for ?

Thanks,
Madu
0 Kudos