cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paule2000
Level 3

Add a License Agreement to an InstallShield MSI project

Hi Group,

I am trying to create an installer with InstallShield 2008 and an InstallScript MSI project. I want to show the user a licence agreement and I want him to accept it in order to continue the installation.
The default InstallScript MSI project does not have such an option (in contrast to e.g. an plain InstallShield project). Thus, I have to add that dialog manually. I found that the dialog "SdLicence2RTF" is exactly what I want. I just don't know how to add it smooth to the installer interview.
What I did until now:
I tried to modify the InstallScript (which was initially empty) by adding a funtion OnFirstUIBefore() and calling the dialog. That actually works but the whole installation logic does not seems to run (the installer finishes after agreeing with the licence stating the installation is done).
I thought that maybe in the "Custom Actions and Sequences"->"User Interface" I could add it. But none of the entries in the "User Interface" list is named like a Dialog. Thus I have no clue where to add it.

The documentation of InstallShield 2008 does not help me. It just does not talk about "InstallScript MSI" projects much.

Any hint would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Paul
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It sounds like you have defined a completely custom OnFirstUIBefore function, instead of starting with the default one and customizing it to suit your needs. We generally suggest using the dropdowns at the top of the script editor to insert the default OnFirstUIBefore (by selecting it when it's not already present in the script so rename or delete yours), and then editing the flow of dialogs, adding new ones, etc.

Also, when the default OnFirstUIBefore is in place, or in a new project, the Project Assistant will let you use a radio button to set this up in the Installation Interview panel.
0 Kudos
paule2000
Level 3

Thanks a lot! It works now.

Regards,
Paul
0 Kudos