Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dansopata
Level 2

Add System Software Requirement for .NET 4.7.1 to 2015 LE

Using InstallShield 2015 LE

I need to add a minimum requirement of .NET 4.7.1 FULL to my install project

.NET 4.5 Full and several other System Software Requirements are available for me to choose from but .NET 4.7.1 is not in that list. 

In the InstallShield Options dialog, on the Prerequisites tab, I have set the location of the SetupPrerequistes folder to the location where the other prq files are located.  "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015LE\SetupPrerequisites".  There are other prq files in that location such as .NET 4.5.2 and .NET 4.6, however they do not appear in the list of system software requirements either and I do not know how to get them to appear in the list.

I created a new Launch condition to look for the .NET version setting in the registry, however, it seems that this is looking for an exact string match to the value in the system registry not a minimum or > greaterThan value.

How do I add these missing prq requirement files to InstallShield 2015 LE ?

I was able to download a prq file for this version

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
cvirata
Revenera Community Admin Revenera Community Admin
Revenera Community Admin

Hi @dansopata ,

Looks like you posted your question to the wrong forum. I will move this to the InstallShield product forum so you can get the assistance you need. Going forward, you can post your product questions by clicking the product on the community homepage. 

Regards,

Christine

Flexera Community Team

0 Kudos

Hi @dansopata,

See the previous query related to the .NET 4.7.1.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Forum/PRQ-for-Net-4-7-1-on-different-versions-of-Win-10/m-p/40141 

You can copy the prq file to your prerequisite folder, in order to consume in your project.

0 Kudos