cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phill_mn
Level 7

Activated under Maintenance, but still Beta

I got the Maintenance email and submitted a request for a download. The email says that we do not need to download if we have the beta and that we can enter the serial number in the Beta. I launched the Beta and in that first dialog I selected the top selection and entered the new serial number. It indicated that the activation completed successfully. But the product is still Beta. Rebooted the system and did the first dialog again. Successful but still beta. Went to Help\About and selected Activation. It indicates success but still shows as being a beta. (As I vaguely this is also what happened the last time I participated in a beta plan.) I appreciate the opportunity to participate in the beta program. What do you advise that I do at this point? Should I contact support?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
phill_mn
Level 7

Maybe I just need to be more patient. The Software Manager started, indicated that it was checking for new updates, and has a blank dialog every sense. So I guess it is doing a large download.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Can you send me the email you got? (mmarino@acresso.com)

If you have the beta of IS2010, you need to uninstall it, then install the final product.

The beta bits are many months older than the shipping bits.
0 Kudos
TimStVCS
Level 7

Hello, I got the same e-mail and after entering my support plan id and order number and filling out the form, the order summary wording says "(NOTE: It is not necessary to download the full version of this product if you already have the evaluation version installed....) I can see where one might think that the beta version was the evaluation version - probably could have been worded a little differently to avoid this confusion.

Good luck Phill!

Tim
0 Kudos
phill_mn
Level 7

Yes that was my misunderstanding. Mike M also sent me an email clarifying that point, so I am in the process of downloading the full release and removing the Beta first. Thanks for the feedback. Phill
0 Kudos