cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rguggisberg
Level 13

Activate SAB license

I need to license my SAB machine. I have InstallShield 2019 R3 Professional installed and licensed on my laptop. I have done this before at previous job and normally the process is rather simple. In this case licenses are managed by my company's IT dept. They have acquired and provided me the SAB license. InstallShield 2019 R3 Professional is installed but not licensed on my SAB machine. ISCMDBLD.exe is present. How do I activate the SAB license using the code they provided? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall InstallShield? If so, can I download the SAB installer. Please don't tell me to "create an account". Our IT dept closely manages all that.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

My IT dept got the license file and downloaded InstallShield2019R3StandaloneBuild.exe. That installed fine and seemed to accept the License.lic file, but when I run iscmdbld.exe I get the error "-7159: The product license has expired or has not yet bee initialized."

0 Kudos

My mistake was that I assumed since iscmdbld.exe was present from a previous Professional install I could use that. Got it resolved by installing InstallShield2019R3StandaloneBuild and using the License.lic file when prompted.

0 Kudos