cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenzLiu
Level 4

About uninstallation patch in installshield MSI

hi,
I created a basic MSI project in installshield premier. I want build a patch that can be uninstalled. I selected the option "allowed patch to be unistalled" at patch configration level and selected the option "include windows installer3.1 enger". But it prompt "installed on" in the add or remove panel.
What need I note ?
Benz
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
mloebl
Level 4

I'm seeing the same thing, did you ever resolve this? I created a patch accepting most of the defaults, select "Allow patch to be unistalled" and I have no option to remove the patch once it's installed. The previous version of this kit in IS12 does have the option to uninstall. This is a new patch design as well.

-Mike
0 Kudos
mloebl
Level 4

I should also note this is a Basic MSI and not an InstallScript project. I know I did it as a test a couple of months ago with this version and it worked fine, so not sure what changed.

Thanks,

-Mike
0 Kudos
ddhariwal
Level 2

When a patch adds new content to any of the tables in the following list, Windows Installer marks the patch as being not uninstallable. An uninstallable patch can add new files, assemblies, registry entries, components, or features to an installation by adding new rows to database tables that are not included in this list.

AppId
BindImage
Class
Complus
CreateFolder
DuplicateFile
Environment
Extension
Font
IniFile
IsolatedComponent
LockPermissions