cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rguggisberg
Level 13

ARP (Programs and Features) Change Caption for Suite Project

I would like to repurpose the 'Change' button on 'Add/Remove Programs' (Programs and Features) for my Suite project by changing it to 'Health Check' to match behavior that I would add to the Suite. I realize that this caption is not set by the Suite. Is there a way to access and change it?
Currently I have 'Disable Change Button' set to "Yes" because I don't need 'Change' functionality. Of course I would change that back to "No" if I can change the caption.
Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

As far as I know, the caption 'Change' is owned by ARP / Programs and Features, and it is only possible to enable or disable it.

You can certainly make the wizard page displayed in response offer a health check option in addition to, or in place of, any of the regular maintenance options, but that won't change whether 'Change' makes sense for it.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Michael,
Thanks for the reply. It is the answer I was expecting, but was hoping maybe there was a way.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

So this could work, but the thing I don't see in this is how to access 'Support' files. They don't seem to be available after install. The only files in C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{some GUID] are the Suite.exe and the icon.
0 Kudos