Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ESPARIAT
Level 3

64bit setup launcher

Hi,

I'm come back with the same question.

Does Installshield 2019 support 64bit setup launcher ? Any roadmap for Installshield 2020 ?

We need to provide 64bit pure installation and the only way is to provide msi file.

But setup launcher is very useful to chain actions.

So, what are alternative solutions ? iexpress, self made application ? Paquet Builder ? Others ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @ESPARIAT ,

Thanks for the question. Ability to build 64-bit based MSI and Suite installers is on our short term roadmap. Can you let us know your requirement in detail. Due to the magnum of work and focus of Microsoft to move away from traditional MSI and EXE based setups, we are not working on making our InstallScript engine support pure 64 bit launchers.

In short, would the ability to build pure 64 bit Basic MSI setups and Suite launchers (without InstallScript actions) suffice your need in short term

0 Kudos

Hello

yes, we want to migrate to msi technology (Basic MSI).

So, we just need a 64bit setup launcher?

Any chance to have it in 2020 ?

Thanks

Best regards

Laurent

0 Kudos

Hello @ESPARIAT,

The timing on this question can't get any better. We are actually working on this feature and we are targeting a mid Q2 release for InstallShield 2020 R1. If we release sooner, we will keep you posted.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

I have a project that after packaging the MSI file is 2GB. Installshield won't package this and launcher to one file. Is there a way to do this? I want to use 64 bites launcher but all the custom actions are not supported.

0 Kudos