cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wiggers
Level 7

64bit component registered in WOW6432Node

I have a COM DLL (not the one in other post) that I added to the IS Project using the Component Wizard for installation in the GAC. I flagged it as 64bit as it needs to be registered in the 64bit part of the registry. After installation it appears in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node...

When I install manually I use regasm from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727 and I have put that path in IS's Tools > Options > .NET for 64bit components.

Why does it get registered in the wrong part of the registry?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
wiggers
Level 7

The build log shows:

Embedding file C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012Spring\Redist\Language Independent\x64\ISBEW64.exe into isregsvr.dll

But the components flagged as 64bit still don't get registered properly.
0 Kudos
sharon
Level 5

Hi,

If a .net dll is compiled as MSIL or 64 bit - and component is marked as 64 bit, the registration should be done to the 64 bit part of the registry.

If a .net dll is compiled as 32 bit - even if the component is marked as 64 bit, the registration should be done to the 32 bit part of the registry.

Good Luck,
Sharon.
0 Kudos
wiggers
Level 7

Thanks. The component was MSIL and flagged 64bit, but still ended up being registered as 32bit. I have now deleted and recreated the Components using the wizard and it now seems to be working, but I have no idea why it didn't first time.
0 Kudos