cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rheywood75
Level 2

-4075: File not found. An error occurred merging Module

Hi!

I am having a problem that I can't resolve and need some help. The solution will not build after adding InstallShield LE project to it. I have gone through the wizard and I believe everything is set-up properly to create the intaller for my app.

Here are the errors and warnings:

1>ISEXP : warning : -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.

1>ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file libc.dll, or one of its dependencies of component ActivityService.Primary_output

1>ISEXP : error : -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging Module 'fnc1201_lite.9FC896E6_8DD6_4BFD_A02C_189B1B87F512:0' for Feature 'AlwaysInstall'.

My application is a simple WCF application hosted in a windows service. I am using Visual Studio 2012.

Can anyone help resolve this error? My hunch is that I am missing a Merge Module from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Merge Modules, but I don't know which one I am missing nor do I know how to get it once I figure that out.

Concerning the warnings, I don't understand why it is looking for libc.dll when my app doesn't reference that library in the list of references. Also, if I check the box to require .Net 4.5, it doesn't get rid of the warning about requiring .Net 4.5. Can anyone explain these warnings?

(In your response, please keep in mind that I am new to InstallShield.)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

Could you please check, if any merge module is included in the setup project under
Redistributables view of Application data section of the installshield.

If so, you will need to download these redistributables onto your machine. You can do this by going to the Redistributables view in the InstallShield IDE. You will see an entry for selected merge module andi hat probably shows its location as "Needs to be downloaded". You can select it and then right-click on this entry and choose the "Download Selected Item..." menu item. This will place the file on your system for your build to pick up.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos

unfortunately the dropdown list has the download merge module grey out.  I am using the installshield2015 limited edition on VS2015.

0 Kudos
rheywood75
Level 2

Chiranjeevi,

Thanks for the tip! That was exactly where I needed to go to correct the problem. You're a genius. Like my friend used to tell me, "There is no off position to the genius switch."

Thanks again.
0 Kudos