cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Superfreak3
Level 11

1334 Error - Anyone Know Any Obscure Cures?

Hi all,

All of a sudden our web app installation is erroring with a 1334 - file cannot be found in .cab file. We are currently using InstallShield 2018 SP1. I've tried everything I can think of or found online, but I just can't get past this error.

I've removed the problematic component to see if it was some type of file problem, but the error just moved on to another file in the installation. Removed that, error just moved on to different file.

I even compiled a previous, released version which hasn't been touched in weeks and it errored on the same exact file. The source files for that release are in a completely different location, of course, than the originally failing release. My thought was maybe the source files were on a bad area of disk or something like that. That led me to believe that it might be something with InstallShield itself that went awry, .dll, a configuration setting or something like that. I repaired our InstallShield instance, no luck.

Ran chkdsk, no luck.

I've tried different compression settings in the Release settings, no luck.

I tried adding a different Release configuration, no luck.

I tried moving the .ism project directory, no luck.

I sent the build log and .ism to InstallShield support and they didn't see anything out of the ordinary there. They said they've seen this error with weird or missing file dates, but that is no the case here.

Does anyone know what else I could try? Any obscure cures?

Info MUCH Appreciated!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies