cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edward67
Level 3

1152: Error extracting to the temporary location.

I've upgraded InstallShield Premier Edition from 2011 to 2013. When opening my project, a conversion is done. Now when I've created a setup, without any changes to my project, I get a message box "1152: Error extracting to the temporary location". Message appears when starting setup and there no file listed in this message. Also an OK-button on this form. When I press this button, setup continues with the first screen (preparing to install) and can be used further without any problems.

Also tried first to copy the files to a local folder and running as administrator, bus always get this message.

Anyone an idea where to look at?

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Edward67
Level 3

Solved it. During uninstall of 2011 version and installing 2013 version, a merge module was deleted from my system. This was causing the problem.
0 Kudos
MattQVI
Level 8

Don't have the upgrade of InstallShield causing a problem, we've always been at 2015 for this install. Suddenly for the 6.0 version I am getting 1152:Error extracting QVM3 Install.msi to the temporary location. What is strange is that the 7.0 install does NOT produce this message.

Can you suggest anything else to look at? Thanks!
0 Kudos
drewmerk
Level 2

Have you checked the log file in your installer folder?

I was having this same issue, and then I saw an error in that log file. I was missing a redistributable (.prq file).
0 Kudos