cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Wang
Level 3

silent reponse file for uninstaller

Does any one know how to use the response file in silent uninstall? I need to run the uninstaller in silent mode to uninstall selected features. Not sure what variable/property I should use. I try CHOSEN_INSTALL_FEATURE_LIST. Does not work.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
gordchung
Level 3

Hi, was wondering if this was ever answered? i'm looking to do same thing.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Normally, you would either have the generated properties file, renamed into installer.properties, in the same folder as the installer and then just launch ./setup.bin -i silent or launch the setup like this: ./setup.bin -f /path/to/your/installer.properties file
0 Kudos
gordchung
Level 3

thanks for the quick reply.

yes. the properties files and attribute 'CHOSEN_INSTALL_FEATURE_LIST' work fine with the installer generated with installanywhere. the issue is using the generated uninstaller, i'm not sure what variable is suppose to be used to uninstall select features.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

AFAIK the uninstaller runs in the same mode as the installer (i.e. silent) so it should uninstall the same features installed by the setup.
0 Kudos
gordchung
Level 3

my goal was to uninstall select features from what was installed, not everything.

i actually found a problem report regarding using response file for silient uninstalls. apparently the version i have, IA 2008VP1, has a bug where it fails to uninstall select features.

much thanks for your input though.
0 Kudos
munsingh
Level 6

Can you mention the problem report or point to the URL.
0 Kudos
phanikumarg
Level 4

hi all, can you please help me below issues

1. can we remove features using Change_productname_install.exe

im trying following command

C:\Program Files (x86)\company\productname\_Productname_installation>Change_productname_install.exe -i silent -DCHOSEN_INSTALL_FEATURES_LIST=Featurename

it is uninstalling entire product instead of particular feature

is it correct command to remove feature.or is there any other way.

2. why do we need to add "-D" before parameter in silent install command

e.g: setup.exe -i silent -Daddlocal=all -Dportnumber=8041

thanks in advance
phanikumar
0 Kudos
phanikumarg
Level 4

hi all, can you please help me below issues

1. can we remove features using Change_productname_install.exe

im trying following command

C:\Program Files (x86)\company\productname\_Productname_installation>Change_productname_install.exe -i silent -DCHOSEN_INSTALL_FEATURES_LIST=Featurename

it is uninstalling entire product instead of particular feature

is it correct command to remove feature.or is there any other way.

2. why do we need to add "-D" before parameter in silent install command

e.g: setup.exe -i silent -Daddlocal=all -Dportnumber=8041

thanks in advance
phanikumar
0 Kudos
phanikumarg
Level 4

There are some limitations in IA regarding feature uninstall in silent mode, as per Flexera knowledge base, Maintenance Mode is not supported in silent mode. If you run the Maintenance Mode launcher in Silent mode, the launcher will uninstall the product.

refer below link

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/DocumentRepository/Installation/InstallAnywhere/InstallAnywhere%202011/01_Public/Product_Manual/IA2011UserGuide.pdf
0 Kudos