cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Find File/Folder" panel ?

Hi

I'm new to IA... and I'm a bit lost 🙂
What I try to do : search for some files in an existing installation (before an upgrade) to backup them (copy them in another directory)
I find that "find file/folder" panel could do the search. But I don't know what to write in the pattern if I want to search for *.exe and *.properties ? If I put more than one pattern, it seems to fail to find files (and there is no help at all in the user guide).
Once done, what to do with the results variable ? I don't find any components that are able to handle this variable. Do I miss something ?

thanks for any help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

It seems you might need to have two different actions, one for *.exe and one for *.properties
0 Kudos
Not applicable

thanks a lot for your answer...

about "what to do with the result string", do you know if another components (panel,action...) can handle it or should I write custom code ?

I really have the feeling that included components have many restrictions and only custom code can help to do powerfull functions.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, it all depends on the $SEARCH_RESULTS$ string in each case, how this variable is filled in case that there is more than one result, for instance.
0 Kudos