cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niruiyu
Level 2

"Execute Uninstaller" action doesn't remove all the installed files when upgrading

Hi experts,
I am creating a installer for product 2.0. The 2.0 product:
1. moves the program short cuts from user's Start Menu folder to public Start menu folder
2. has less files than 1.0 product. (assume a.dll exists in 1.0 but doens't exist in 2.0)

What I am doing is create a "Find Component in Registry" to find the GUID of the 1.0 uninstaller and then create a "Execute Uninstaller" to execute the 1.0 uninstaller. Both actions are created in the Pre-Install groups.

But I found the "Execute Uninstaller" action doesn't remove the 1.0 files. It just updates the IA database to say the current installed product is 2.0 and overwrites all the existing old files with the new ones. But the files/short cuts introduced in 1.0 are still there.

What should I do to remove the unneeded 1.0 files?

Thank you in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
niruiyu
Level 2

Hey,
Any experts or FLEXERA customer support guys can help to answer my question? or at least confirm that it's a limitation of IA2011 so that I will not spend useless effort on this.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

It definitely looks like a bug, maybe you can workaround it by "manually" deleting those files that are uninstalled.
0 Kudos