cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qjvictor
Level 4

protect Resource1.zip

is it possible to adding a password for the generated Resource1.zip to protect the contents inside, and the Installer could automatically decode it?

in our product, some contents inside the Resource1.zip are confidential, and should be only available to install with a proper license. But now the user could easily unzip the Resource1.zip, and grap some contents he is not supposed to get.

is there any solution available for this?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

As far as I know this is not possible, so I guess the only workaround I would use would be to put the confidential information in a password protected .zip and use the builtin IA password/license mechanism.
0 Kudos
qjvictor
Level 4

thanks for replying.

I am not familiar with builtin IA password/license mechanism - where could I find it in InstallAnywhere?

And if my confidential stuff has been packed into a protected zip file, is it possible that installer could unzip them and select some of them to install based on my license?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Please see the Panel: Get Password. I would say that maybe you will also need to use some custom code in order to unzip the password protected .zip file, so that will result in an .jar of .class files. Maybe you will also need to use an obfuscator (in order to prevent Java decompilation of the custom code) or maybe implement a license mechanism in the application itself (instead of the installer).
0 Kudos