cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_decosta
Level 9

need help regarding the custom install set

Hi,
Well i am preparing an installer for our product.I have a requirement like i need to allow the end user to check the other product features but my product should be checked all the time and i should not allow the end user to uncheck my product.
If you have any strategy to resolve this issue please mail me at jamesdecosta555@gmail.com
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

I guess that the simplest way to do it (at this is how I did it a long time ago when I had a similar requirement) was to not even present this choice to the customer installing the product (I mean, he was informed by a displaying panel that the setup was going to install at least feature X, but in the next panel he could customize the other features).
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

The simplest way would be Macrovision to implement this feature...

In the meanwhile you can hook an ActionListener to the Next button, wait for the panel to be displayed and then change the CellRenderer to an own one which disables the feature.

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

Hello ,
I am unable to achieve this feature even now.
Can someone kindly give me the custom code for doing this .
Either by displaying the panel and in the next panel showing the other features because my doubt is :
when i show a panel saying that The installer is going to deploy atleast this feature and in the next panel i display the features
Then also he will see all the features.
Please give me some custom code for this.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Hello James!

Please be aware that this forum is mostly formed of other InstallAnyhwere users like yourself, so asking for already Custom Code for your issue, that needs to be understood first, is most likely to fail (i.e. don't expect to receive any code).

My 2c
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

I could implement it, by 2c would not be enough 😉

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

its alright ,
But you can give me some idea regarding the custom installset for my requirement in which one of the feature should be disabled.
It would be a pleasure for doing this .
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi,
i am awaiting the idea for writing a custom install set in which my product name should be disabled.
I got a suggestion from yves but could not get it.
Can anyone go a bit deeper in that thought so that i can implement it.
I want to get a broader picture of this.
I want to know if i am supposed to create a custom install panel and when the user clicks the next button,In the next() method what i am supposed to do after that .
Awaiting some idea on this
can anyone tell me how to implement it.
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

It took me 2 weeks to understand how IA displays the list and to disable the feature... Its nothing that can be done quickly.

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos