cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srik_008
Level 7

linux installers

hi,

we have installers for windows environment, i would like to create same installers for linux environment .could anybody provide documentation for creating linux installers

Regards,
Sreekanth
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(11) Replies
Masudkhan
Level 5

Your question is very general.
Assuming you are using IA, just adding a new build target for Linux should be enough provided you are not doing any windows specific activities.
Are you facing any specific issues on Linux platform?
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

actually my windows installer will extracts the tomcat.zip folder in user_install_dir.i thought i need to create tomcat.tar.gz file for linux installers.
0 Kudos
Masudkhan
Level 5

1) After copying the archive (zip/tar) you may use one of the 3 available expand archive actions.
2) You may expand the archive your self into a folder and try install SpeedFolder action.
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

i have selected build taarget as linux and created installer and created installername.bin file.here i have question how to execute this installer in linux environment
0 Kudos
Masudkhan
Level 5

Step 1) Change the permission of install.bin to 555.
chmod 555 install.bin

Step 2) If you want the GUI mode Set the DISPLAY
Make sure that a X-windows server is running on your IP (It can a windows system)
export DISPLAY=:0.0

or

You may run the installer in silent mode if your installer supports it (check the documentation on how to run in silent mode)

Step 3) In the cmd prompt (ksh/csh) execute this cmd
./install.bin
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

hi i have executed like that but i am getting msg like no java virtual machine could not be found from your path
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

hi i can able to open the installer in linux environment.but in windows environment we will install the node services using build.xml file through the installer.but in linux environment we faced the error to create node services.anybody help
0 Kudos
Masudkhan
Level 5

Since you are getting no JVM error, you have to bundle JVM with your installer.
You need to bundle an appropriate VM based on the OS and version.
If you do not have the VM, you may download it from the following site.

http://www.flexerasoftware.com/products/installanywhere/files-utilities.htm

Check the VM packs tab.
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

hi i can able to open the installer in linux environment.but in windows environment we will install the node services using build.xml file through the installer.but in linux environment we faced the error to create node services.
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

hi,we have tomcat.sh file to start the tomcat service manually.how to use this tomcat.sh file through installer and is it possible to execute this sh file through the build.xml file
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

In case you haven't done it, you should check IA's help: running a shell command inside the setup is one of the basic and built-in actions.
0 Kudos