cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagimann
Level 3

language box missing some languages

Hi,
I have seen a few unanswered threads on this subject, I was hoping someone might know the answer...

What does it take to have an installer run in Japanese on an English OS?

I'm using IA 8.0 Enterprise. When I create an installer with Eng+Jpn languages, for example, and then run the installer on Windows, I can only see the English option in the language panel that appears as the installer starts.

However, if I run the same installer on a Japanese OS, I see both languages in the language panel and I can select either one to have the installer run in the correct language.

I have a multi language JDK installed.

The "asian languages" option is checked in Windows' Regional Settings in Control Panel, just in case.

I have added a Japanese input handler in Windows' Regional Settings in Control Panel, just in case.

I have an Arial Unicode TTF font installed, and other apps like Word, Internet Explorer and simple Java Swing apps are all able to display Japanese content.

I tried selecting all languages in the installer. When I run it like this on my English OS, I see about a third of all the languages I selected. Seems like it only shows the list of latin-based languages or something like that.

anyone has an idea how to have an installer run in Japanese on an English OS???

thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
lagarwal
Level 3

Did you get an answer on this?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

As far as I know, the locale detection works in IA only if the OS is Japanese for instance (so you won't be able to install Japanes on English, for instance).
0 Kudos
lagarwal
Level 3

In my case, the OS is japanese. IA is not showing the language dropdown, instead directly starting in English.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, the only think I might suggest would be to try a more recent IA version to see if the issue is reproduced... Also, starting with IA 2009 SP1 there is a Japanese localized version of IA...
0 Kudos