cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gaoyuan_Lv
Level 4

how to change the status text

hi,
I want to know how can we change the status text "installing..." to any text we want. Such as "My status text".
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

AFAIK this is not possible...
0 Kudos
Gaoyuan_Lv
Level 4

pv7721 wrote:
AFAIK this is not possible...

how about com.zerog.ia.api.pub.InstallerProxy?
there is a method setProgressStatusText()
however, i do not know how to use it.:mad:
0 Kudos
aaa123
Level 3

Gaoyuan Lv wrote:
hi,
I want to know how can we change the status text "installing..." to any text we want. Such as "My status text".

Acresso should really fix this 'feature'. We, as install dev, want to use whatever we want there. This is where a custom InstallAction would be really nice, but we know IA is only for a simple installer.....

A workaround:
Go to IA_HOME->resource->i18nresources->custom_en and
set this key
Installer.installLabels.04=Installing...

to empty string
Installer.installLabels.04=

Rebuild and you should be good to go.

Caution: You might want to make sure that no other install team is using that installed IA, if you have a shared build environment. Otherwise, "Installing..." string will disappear from their installer...
HTH
0 Kudos
Gaoyuan_Lv
Level 4

aaa123 wrote:
Acresso should really fix this 'feature'. We, as install dev, want to use whatever we want there. This is where a custom InstallAction would be really nice, but we know IA is only for a simple installer.....

A workaround:
Go to IA_HOME->resource->i18nresources->custom_en and
set this key
Installer.installLabels.04=Installing...

to empty string
Installer.installLabels.04=

Rebuild and you should be good to go.

Caution: You might want to make sure that no other install team is using that installed IA, if you have a shared build environment. Otherwise, "Installing..." string will disappear from their installer...
HTH

thanks, i will have a try.
0 Kudos