cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anitha
Level 5

how does the product name gets added to ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS

Hi,

When/How does the product name get added to add/Remove programs.
I have an issue with it during Multiple Install.

When i install multiple instances of the product only one Product Name shows up in the "Add or Remove Programs" wizard and when i uninstall from ARP, only the last one get uninstalled.

So i would like to know where to change this behaviour in the InstallAnywhere.

Thanks,
Anitha
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
narendhran1
Level 5

Hi Anitha,

By Default InstallAnywhere will write the entries whatever u specify in Project--> Description mode.... to the registry... since ur productname is same whenever u install it again it will override with the same registry entry but with the details like wer u installed at last time will be updated .. so it uninstalls the last installed product...since it overrides the same single registry entry it will list only one time in add/remove(whatever ter in the registry it will list)... only way u have to check for already installed product and upgrade it in the same location....
0 Kudos
anitha
Level 5

but i could notice in a different product the productname is getting noted for every isntance that i install and isnt replacing the older instance name.
It is getting added to the add/remove/programs as productname_portnumber.
and not with the name in project->description.
0 Kudos
narendhran1
Level 5

For me its working ma, it overwrites the existing registry.... and moreover productname should appear to add r remove...i dont know wat happening in ur project.. Its good to create a sample project and check the issue.... else post ur sample iap_xml file ... will look into the iisue...
0 Kudos
anitha
Level 5

Sorry, i think you didnt get me .
I want all the instances that i install to appear in the ADD/Remove Programs wizard.
This happens in one product and not in the other. In the former product the name gets added to the ARP for every isntance with the productname_port.

I want the same behaviour for hte other as well. But couldnt make out how to do it.
0 Kudos
nosrednayduj
Level 7

I'm not sure if this is useful to you, but I change $PRODUCT_NAME$ to $PRODUCT_NAME$ $MYVERSION$ where $MYVERSION$ is setup in a custom code action based on some values in a .properties file in the custom code jar that's created by the build system. Then in add/remove you have

My Product 1.2
My Product 2.0 Alpha

or whatever. Anyway, I can have multiple versions built by the same installer this way.
0 Kudos
anitha
Level 5

At what point does IA add the product name to the ADD\Remove programs.
0 Kudos
narendhran1
Level 5

You can find the entries once your introduction panel pops up(i mean to say it happens at very first stage)..
0 Kudos
anitha
Level 5

The product gets added to the Add/Remove Programs at the installation phase and not at the first step in pre isntallation process.
0 Kudos
narendhran1
Level 5

hmm ya ya it will write the entries at the intial stage of the install phase..Somehow i went away from the path...
0 Kudos