cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_decosta
Level 9

hi i want to give my customised messages

hi,
i want to know if i can implement this through some way.
while installing a file or folder the installer gives a message on the panel like
installing "xxx.text"
I want to remove this message and give a message like installing
"XXX PRODUCT 10%"

"INSTALLING PRODUCT 20%"
"INSTALLING PRODUCT 30%"
"INSTALLING PRODUCT 40%"
"INSTALLING PRODUCT 50%"
"INSTALLING PRODUCT 60%"
"INSTALLED PRODCUT 100%"
OK to be precise i want to give a customised progress bar
Is this possible by some way.......................
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Since IA 8 new APIs (from IS) have been added to IA, so there seem to be this: com.installshield.util.process which has for instance: int getPercentComplete(), setPercentComplete(int percentComplete), setStatusDescription(String statusDescription), setStatusDetail(String statusDetail) and setTitle(String title). You should check the IA doc, as well as this KB entry: http://knowledge.macrovision.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q113344&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_HOWTO_1_1&dialogID=4070296&stateId=0%200%204064949
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

Hi,
i want to know if i can use these :

com.installshield.util.process which has for instance: int getPercentComplete(), setPercentComplete(int percentComplete), setStatusDescription(String statusDescription), setStatusDetail(String statusDetail) and setTitle(String title)

in versions prior to installanywhere 8.0.

I would like to know if i dont have com.installshield.util.process then can i be able to call getPercentComplete() and setPercentComplete() methods in install anywhere 5.5 or installanywhere 6.0 or installanywhere 7.0.
Regards,
James
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

James, my previous post was pretty clear (at least this is what I thought): it's ONLY starting WITH IA 8 that these APIs are available, so you would need to upgrade to at least version 8 in order to be able to use them.
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

Hi,
i want to know if i am using a version prior to installanywhere 8.0.
And i am aware that in this case i dont have access to the install shield api' s .

So in this case is there any possible way by which i can include the feature wherein i want to show like this:

installing xxxproduct 10%.........................
installing xxproduct 20%..........................
installing xxxproduct 30%.............................
Any alternative strategy will be appreciated.
james.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Personally, I don't think this is possible with only the IA API.
0 Kudos