cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_decosta
Level 9

hi does installanywhere use some installer script

hi,
i want to know when i run the installanywhere UI and create my installer where does the installer script get created and ??????????/
And how do i learn the installanywhere scripting language so that i need not open the user interface and make the changes.
Instead of doing this,i want to make the changes in the installer script which as far as i know i auto generated.
I want to modify the installer script and then run the installer from the command line build.
james............................
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

What exactly do you mean by "InstallAnywhere scripting language"? InstallAnywhere has been written in Java and the only scripting I'm aware of is for Unices for uncompressing the resources from the installer and for LaunchAnwyhere!
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi,
i want to know the way installshield uses installscript does installanywhere uses any install script.
james.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

The only thing I'm aware of is Custom Code, I don't know IS, so I'm not sure what installscript is, but I'm afraid that there is no IA equivalent of that.
0 Kudos
scully13
Level 4

I think the closest thing to what you are looking for is the .iap_xml file that you use to load your install project. It is in XML format and contains the logic that you set up in the InstallAnywhere Advanced Designer. I just got started on this but my plan is to build my initial .iap_xml files using the Advanced Designer. Then I'll write code to modify the lines I need changed for different installers. Then I'll also have the same program that modified the XML project build it using the build.exe. Sometimes I just replace lines in the file and other times I split the .iap_xnml file up into chunks and then read certain pieces in and write them into a useable complete script also writing dynamic parts of the project file using code.
0 Kudos