cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowymike
Level 3

display disk space information in MB?

InstallAnywhere gurus,

I'm using IA 2010. On the Pre-Installation Summary page of my installer, I've selected to display the disk space information. That results in output like the following:

Disk Space Information (for Installation Target):
Required: 257,835,921 bytes
Available: 9,860,300,800 bytes

I'd like the option of a) specifying the units to display (in this case I'd choose MB) or b) having IA automatically determine appropriate units based on the size returned. is there a straightforward way to accomplish this?

In the IA2010_UserGuide.pdf, I see there are $FREE_DISK_SPACE_BYTES and $REQUIRED_DISK_SPACE_BYTES variables I can query, those these are both formatted strings. I guess I could write code that converts those strings to numbers, then adds units of my own choosing, and display that result on a new custom page I create. I haven't had to do any customization like that so far and would need to read up on how best to accomplish that. I was hoping there would be a simple way to just edit the units display on the Pre-Installation Summary page.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

-mike
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

This is an issue with IA, the information is always displayed in bytes, regardless the size. Indeed, it should be configurable to a more meaningful measurement unit.

Currently, our product does not support this functionality. An enhancement request has been submitted to our Engineering team as issue #IOA-000030958. At this moment, there is no estimated time frame for when this feature might be incorporated into the product. You can track the status of this issue by checking product release notes or searching our Knowledge Base through eService.
0 Kudos
snowymike
Level 3

rats, well thanks for the info, that saves me looking for it further.

-mike
0 Kudos