Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_decosta
Level 9

can i follow this as before

hi everyone,
its just a simple query ,can i do like this can i follow this pattern :
In the pre install task i need to store a user input variable by giving a radio button giving him four options and when he chooses one of them i store the final variable say:
USER_INPUT_RESULT_14 equals 1.USER_INPUT_RESULT_12 if USER_INPUT_RESULT_12 equals Selected and so on.
Finally in the post install task ,i am modifying a file with the USER_INPUT_RESULT_14
Is my approach right ???????
Especially i would like to know if i can compare USER_INPUT_RESULT equals Selected
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

If I were you I would name those variables to something easier to remember (related to the choices the user makes), otherwise it would be a hell to maintain the code.
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

HELLO,
I would like to know if i can name the user input variables as $USER_INPUT_PORT_03$ or $USER_INPUT_PORT_01$ and so on and give the final variables name as $USER_INPUT_FINAL_78$ depending on the selected vlaue
can i choose $USER_INPUT_FINAL_78$ equals Selected.
Finally i need to modify the variables in an xml file.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

You can name your variables as you want, my suggestion was to make life easier for you afterwards, when you're supposed to maintain your code.
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hello,
what i mean to ask is can i give any user input variable according to my wish and equal them to "Selected".
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

As I personally didn't manage to understand your issue, I guess that your project or a dummy project that would display your issue will be necessary. Please zip it before uploading! Thanks!
0 Kudos