cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reddy611
Level 6

Windows silent mode installation.

Hi,

Am using install any where 2008 standard version. Here my requirement is the installer need to run in silent mode.
As in the below URL http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q000448&sliceId= the flexeara software document says from IA 2008 standard version also we can develop the silent installers.
After selecting the Projects--Platforms --Installer launch type is Console installer
Am launching the installer from command prompt the. It throwing an error message saying that this option is not available.
Is the console mode installation option is not available in install any where 2008 standard edition ?

Thanks
Reddy
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Have you enabled the relevant installation modes in Installer UI/Look & Feel/General UI Settings/Allowable UI Modes?
0 Kudos
Reddy611
Level 6

Hi,

Thanks for your reply 😞 .

In the Installer UI -- Look & feel -- Genral UI settings

Here i can able to see only GUI Check Box.By deafult the check box was enabled . i tryed to un check the check box it is throwing an a error message "Installer UI ERROR : You must select atleast one UI as allowable for the installer that you are creating."

Please find the attached image. Can you please help how to do this in IA 2008 Standard version

Thanks,
Reddy.C
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, the issue is clear: IA Standard mode supports only GUI installations (no console and / or silent mode support). Therefore you need Enterprise Edition in order to support such installation modes!
0 Kudos