cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marianciu
Level 3

'Windows error 2 occurred while loading the Java VM' on Java 1.8.0_60

Hi

I have problem with installation file on Windows with Java 1.8.0_60. After double click on installation file I receive "Windows error 2 occurred while loading the Java VM" information,
Installer works perfect for each older version Java, than Java 1.8.0_60.

I found two workaround for this case. First is remove 'C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath' path from PATH System Variable. Second is run installation file from command console with parameter LAX_VM (example: installer.exe LAX_VM "C:\Program Files\java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin\java.exe").

None of above workaround satisfied me - I need to have normal work installer through double click (without modifying PATH Variable) with Java 1.8.0_60.

Have you any idea how to solve this problem?

On Linux this problem not occurs with Java 1.8.0_60.

Br
Marcin
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
sturge
Level 6

This is a known issue. Go to this link: https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/ISSUE/The-Without-VM-Installer-Fails-To-Launch-Using-Java-8-Update-60-On-Windows

I have a support issue open asking about when they plan to fix it. I'll let you know.
0 Kudos
marianciu
Level 3

Thanks sturge

I'm waiting for information from you.
0 Kudos
sturge
Level 6

Unfortunately there is no timeline to fix it. Your best bet is to implement workaround #3 with a JVM spec file.
0 Kudos
sturge
Level 6

As if my magic, I suddenly received the hotfix in the Update Center. Hopefully you did as well.
0 Kudos