cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SmithaSant
Level 2

Windows error 2 occured while loading the Java VM - Install Anywhere

Hi ,

We are not able to proceed with the installer created with InstallAnywhere 2012 , with java 1.8 , 60 version.
While staring the installer it throws the alert message "Windows error 2 occured while loading the Java VM "
Java is installed in my system and I am able to run other applications .

Please suggest what can be done to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Smitha
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
karthik_bs84
Level 2

Hi Smitha,

Verify that you are not installing 64 bit application on 32 bit OS or 64 bit jre on 32 bit OS. Sometimes errors that are thrown are not really helpful but even I have faced such issue. Verify whether System and jre architecture are same.

Thanks
0 Kudos
SmithaSant
Level 2

Hi Karthik,

We are using the correct bit java .
I zeroed down on the problem, the way to resolve it is :

The System Environment Path now has : c:\programdata\oracle\java\javapath
This path has shortcuts to the JRE bins

However if I remove this path and add the actual JRE bin then it works.

I cannot figure out why it does not work for the shortcut. There is no issue if I uninstall and install an earlier version of Java.

Can you help me with the issue.

Thanks,
Smitha Rajasenan
0 Kudos
karthik_bs84
Level 2

SmithaSant wrote:
Hi Karthik,

We are using the correct bit java .
I zeroed down on the problem, the way to resolve it is :

The System Environment Path now has : c:\programdata\oracle\java\javapath
This path has shortcuts to the JRE bins

However if I remove this path and add the actual JRE bin then it works.

I cannot figure out why it does not work for the shortcut. There is no issue if I uninstall and install an earlier version of Java.

Can you help me with the issue.

Thanks,
Smitha Rajasenan

Hi Smitha,

Normally installAnywhere looks for valid jvm.dll file in jre path under bin/server or bin/client or bin/classic (in case of IBM jre). If it doesn't find it, the installation will not proceed. Avoid using shortcuts in path environment variable.

Thanks
0 Kudos
KapilGeorge
Level 2

karthik.bs84 wrote:
Hi Smitha,

Normally installAnywhere looks for valid jvm.dll file in jre path under bin/server or bin/client or bin/classic (in case of IBM jre). If it doesn't find it, the installation will not proceed. Avoid using shortcuts in path environment variable.

Thanks

Karthik,

The path to the shortcut is added to the system variable when we install Java 8.

And I tried renaming the shortcut to something else instead of java.exe but still it doesnt work..
The only solution is to remove "c:\programdata\oracle\java\javapath" from the path variable.

Not sure why the launcher is stuck with this folder.

Regards,
Kapil
0 Kudos
donpaul
Level 3

I love this post. Thanks for starting it. I had the same issue but reading all the replies helped me a lot. I'm glad. 🙂

Regards,
Free Accounts
0 Kudos