cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgouri
Level 3

VM bundled with the installer doesnot get installed.

Hi,

When I do a patch install on an existing installation VM is not getting installed.

Here are the details :

When we install our product for the first time JRE folder is installed along with all other folders and files. Now, when we do a patch install we do the following things :

1. Do a silent uninstall from command line using the command uninstall.exe -i silent
2. Install the product again. Here the JRE folder is not getting installed.

Please let me know if you require any other information.

- Gouri
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Where do you install your jre?
0 Kudos
rox163
Level 5

Is the original jre folder being removed properly on silent uninstall??

cgouri wrote:
Hi,

When I do a patch install on an existing installation VM is not getting installed.

Here are the details :

When we install our product for the first time JRE folder is installed along with all other folders and files. Now, when we do a patch install we do the following things :

1. Do a silent uninstall from command line using the command uninstall.exe -i silent
2. Install the product again. Here the JRE folder is not getting installed.

Please let me know if you require any other information.

- Gouri
0 Kudos
cgouri
Level 3

rox163 wrote:
Is the original jre folder being removed properly on silent uninstall??

Thanks for looking into the issue.

Yes, the JRE folder is getting removed properly on silent uninstall. Also all other folders, files, register entries are getting removed properly.

For the VM folder that is installed by IA will there be any entry anywhere ? If so, I am not sure, during silent uninstall that entry is not getting removed and hence when IA installs again it is skipping the JRE installation.

Please note some of the settings that can be helpful

true

false

true

jre
0 Kudos
cgouri
Level 3

pv7721 wrote:
Where do you install your jre?

Thanks for the reply,

We install JRE in the USER INSTALL FOLDER.

In the Project --> Java --> Bundled Virtual Machine --> VM Install Folder: Here we gave the path as USER INSTALL FOLDER/jre.

Note: We are using IA 2010 Enterprise Edition.

--Gouri
0 Kudos