cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEinstaller
Level 7

Using custom panels to control the installer

I am working on some custom panels to help configure my application at the end of the install. I have just set up a panel with Yes and No radio buttons. This project is IA 2008 VP1 Enterprise.

If the user selects Yes then they should go on to some other custom panel to answer more questions. If the user selects No then the installer should go to the Installation Complete panel.

I am not sure how to direct the custom panel. I am implementing this code in okToContinue in the custom panel. How do I pass the information for which panel to go to?

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MEinstaller
Level 7

I figured out this problem, I needed to use some Jump Label and Jump to actions, I based the action off variables and whether or not they contained a value that I set in my custom code.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Beware, if you use this technique you'll have to control the jumps also in case the user clicks the Previous button (instead of Next). Personally, I never liked these actions, always looked like GOTOs to me (and we all know by know that using GOTOs in programming is dangerous 🙂 and I've seen a project making an extensive use of that and believe me, it was a nightmare to read (not to mention maintaining it).
0 Kudos