cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scully13
Level 4

Using IA to install Mac application

What would the proper way be to install a Mac application? The problem I'm having is that the application gets copied to OSX but it won't run. I've tried several formats (BIN, Zip, .app) and they won't run once I've extracted or copied the contents to the system. I can however just copy the BIN or DMG file to the system and then the user can extract it but that seems like a waste when I'm supposedly installing it for them. So, how can I install it?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

Works fine for me... do you have your installer somewhere so that we can test?

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
scully13
Level 4

I'm hoping I'm doing it wrong. I can put together a sample if needed but I'm still trialing the software so I'd hate to start passing installs around. I've tried using Add Files... to add a file like something.app. I'm building from Windows so I then tried that from a Mac machine and built the installer without any luck. I then tried using the "Expand Archive" Install-Action for a BIN file and it just copied the BIN file to the installation directory and I was then unable to even opne the BIN file. So, the I tried Zip with "Expand Archive" and it extracted the file but I couldn't run it. I was still able to open it as though it was a bundle but the executable said it was a document instead of a Universal binary. What process are you using to install the .app?
0 Kudos
scully13
Level 4

Looks like it was corrupting the resources somehow. I tried what I saw in the thread titled "OS X application icons don't display" about using ditto and it works now. I did find other .app files that behaved fine but for some reason the 2 I was installing were getting messed up.
0 Kudos