cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stang2
Level 3

Unix Commands-Execute Script / Batch Files

I am trying to run Unix commands in Console mode. When I run the command as a stand alone command in my Unix console the command runs fine. When put the command into an Execute Script/Batch File action I get trailing dots while the command finishes executing. The longer it takes to execute the command the more trailing dots I receive across my console. For example, if I run a command to install JBoss I get a console display of "Installing JBoss.......................................". The "Installing JBoss" is by design but the trailing dots are not. When I run the same install JBoss on a command line outside of IA2011 I do not get the trailing dots. I am using the AIX Build Target. How do i make the trailing dots go away? I command that runs for an hour returns a console display of nothing but trailing dots.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Does the command successfully execute or not when you run it from within IA?
0 Kudos
stang2
Level 3

Yes - the command executes as expected. Some of our routines can run for several hours between steps so the end user only see's these modding progress dots filling their screens.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I think that this is an IA feature showing that the script is still running, so I'm afraid there is nothing you can do about it.
0 Kudos
stang2
Level 3

Is there away to slow the refresh rate down? Looks about 2 dots per second currently.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I don't think so, you could ask the Flexera Software support.
0 Kudos