cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egenfal
Level 2

Suse Linux 11 on I

I try to install a .bin produced with InstallAnyWhere 2009 service pack1 on Suse linux 11, but I have this message:

echo 'The size of the extracted files to be installed are corrupted. Please'
The size of the extracted files to be installed are corrupted. Please
+ echo 'try to download the installer again and make sure that you download'
try to download the installer again and make sure that you download
+ echo 'using '\''binary'\'' mode.'
using 'binary' mode.
+ echo 'Please do not attempt to install this currently downloaded copy.'
Please do not attempt to install this currently downloaded copy.
+ exit 16

The hardware is X86 at 64 bit. The method used to transfer file is correct, I used ftp with binary option
Could you help me?

Br
Rino
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Hello! You should know that these forums are intended for people that develop installers with IA. If you're a user of such a setup, you should seek support with the makers of that setup first.
0 Kudos
egenfal
Level 2

Sorry, I created the project with IA and after I tried to install the product provides by IA on SUSE.I Do you think my question are out of the scope of this forum ? 😞
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

No of course not. Just to be sure, would it be possible for you to transfer the setup again, but this time via scp? Why I'm asking this is because on Unices IA setups are a little bit tricky, they've got a text header, which is basically shell script, and I know that for instance when trying to download such a setup some browsers are fooled into thinking the file is text and they try to display it, so maybe something similar happened with the ftp transfer. If this is not possible, try to calculate the MD5 sum of the setup before and after the setup in order to check the validity of the error message you got.
0 Kudos