cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ficodouser
Level 2

Setting Product Version from properties file.

Hi,

Is it possible to set the values for for product version and copyright year in Project -> Description tab from a properties file. I am more intrerested about setting major, minor, revision, subRevision properties for productVersion from a properties file.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

AFAIK, not directly. What I do is to write there some variables that I replace prior to building (and if you do that for instance, you'll note that the Advanced Designer will complain about the value not being made of numbers).
0 Kudos
rox163
Level 5

How can you put variables in the version field in the advanced designer? IA doesnt allow letters in there. I need to put SP1 as part of my version number and I build my installer using Ant.
0 Kudos
Jeff_Morse
Level 6

We use ant to build as well. It dynamically creates a project.iap_xml from a template that contains tailoring labels such as @VERSION_MAJOR@, @VERSION_MINOR@, etc. We use the copy command and a filter set like so:

The VERSION_MAJOR & VERSION_MINOR properties are loaded from a properties file that is edited at the start of each release cycle.
0 Kudos
rox163
Level 5

Thanks! That resolved my issue.
0 Kudos
Jeff_Morse
Level 6

Glad I could help!
0 Kudos