cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyBell
Level 3

Repository - Artifactory

Hi

We store our application's components in a repository called Artifactory. Is it possible for InstallAnywhere to extract the components from the repository rather than read them directly from disk?

Thanks

Andy
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Well, honestly, this is the first time I hear about Artifactory, even if they label themselves as "the world's most advanced repository manager." The thing is, be that CVS, SVN, Perforce, GIT, to name only a few that are a little more familiar, personally I don't know any build tool that would extract everything from the repository... So if there is no CVS, SVN, Perforce, GIT etc. direct access support in IA there is definitely none for Artifactory... Which makes me wonder: what would be the scenario in which the sources cannot be extracted before building the installer, I mean you store everything in the repository, even the binary products of the build?!?
0 Kudos
AndyBell
Level 3

Vlad

We use Artifactory to install build results and other dependant stuff and svn to store the source code.

We're building a large library of JAVA web services, which are all dependant on an in house framework.

We use Maven to do the build and it will look in the Artifactory for any dependancies (JAR files, classes etc) that are not on the build machine or have been updated since the last build. The build results are also stored in the Artifactory so that anythiing dependant upon them has instant access to them.

I'm not surprised that IA doesn't have access to the Artifactory, but it would be nice if it did as it would be able to get the latest build results automatically...

Andy
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Isn't there any way of exporting the build results from Artifactory?
0 Kudos
AndyBell
Level 3

Yes - but we were wondering if the Install builder could do it...

Andy
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Nope, it cannot. I'm really interested to hear if you manage to find any installer that does it.
0 Kudos