cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikePres
Level 3

RPM issue

Hi,
I've just created a simple Linux package and it seems to work perfectly for the most part except for RPM registration.
I'm using IA 2009 enterprise on openSUSE 11 and doing all my work building and installing as root.
The installation log shows all install actions as successful except for RPMSpecFile. The error is 'There was a problem creating the RPM package. You may not be running as root or may not have installed RPM Builder correctly. ERROR- java.lang.NullPointerException'

Any ideas as where to go from here would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Does your issue look like this one: http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=177598&highlight=RPM+registration ?

It is true that it happened in IA 2008, but maybe it wasn't fixed in IA 2009... maybe in IA 2009 SP1?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If you haven't yet, you might search the KB for Q200301, which has an RPM-related hotfix for IA2009...
0 Kudos
MikePres
Level 3

Thanks for your replies,
I still only see this one error in the install log.

I've upgraded to SP1 and added the hot fix and still see this issue.
I'm using rpm 4.4.2.3-20, wondering if this could be version related?
0 Kudos
MikePres
Level 3

Seems the problem had to do with empty fields in the rpm dialog.
I made sure that all fields (License, Vendor etc) were filled in and it seems to register now...
0 Kudos
loedolff
Level 2

Should it still be necessary to apply to hotfix if you run InstallAnywhere Enterprise 2009 SP2?

I filled out all the fields in the RPM dialog, and am running the installer as root, but, no RPM registration is taking place.
0 Kudos
saharey
Level 3

pv7721 wrote:
Does your issue look like this one: http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=177598&highlight=RPM+registration ?

It is true that it happened in IA 2008, but maybe it wasn't fixed in IA 2009... maybe in IA 2009 SP1?

This issue is not even resolved in IA 2009 SP2 😞 , we are stuck now what next even no workaround provided for this issue.
Can anyone have idea if Flexera has any plan to resolve this issue in IA2010?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Unfortunately, I think you would need to ask this question directly to Flexera Software support!
0 Kudos