cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcrphx
Level 3

Question-How to install a file from the Pre-Install section in IA2008?

I am looking for a solution or pluging that allow me to install a file from the "pre-install" area instead of the current "install" area. I have been checking the IA2008's forum as well as the custom code stored in the Macrovision web side without success. I will appreciate any help on this matter.

A litter bit more:
A special validation need to be conducted on a specific file(driver) from an input step or panel allocated in the pre-install area. What we need :

Actions in the Pre- install area.
_Select and encapsulated the file from the pre-install area (pending for solution)
_Install the file in a temporal folder (pending for solution)
_From an input step located in the pre-install area to validate the file (done).
_Delete the file from the temporal folder(done).

Note: All this needs to happen before the installation of the whole application's package. Currently is the "install" task the only one designated to encapsulated files that will be installed.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
purcellk24
Level 7

You can add your file(s) in the install step. Just put them in the DO_NOT_INSTALL folder. Then in the preinstall, use the Extract to File plugin and extract the file to your temp or $INSTALLER_TEMP_DIR$ directory
0 Kudos
jcrphx
Level 3

Purcellk24,
Thank you very much..! That is exactly what I was needing and is working very well...!
0 Kudos