cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjandris
Level 5

Project created with GUI will not build from command line

I edited a project with 2014 SP1 in the Advanced Designer and built it. I then tried to run it during the nightly build process and it failed to build with the following error:
[buildinstaller] Original project unchanged
[buildinstaller]
[buildinstaller]
[buildinstaller]
[buildinstaller] You are attempting to open an InstallAnywhere Project created by a higher
[buildinstaller] edition of InstallAnywhere. InstallAnywhere will attempt to load and view
[buildinstaller] the requested project however, all actions not appropriate to this edition
[buildinstaller] will be removed. Saving or building the project will cause the original

The build just hung there and did not continue.
I am using the same installation of Install Anywhere for editing the install and building it from the command line.
If I can't make changes to the install this is pretty useless.
Any ideas what is going on?
Thanks you.:confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
benjamin_jaton
Level 3

Same problem here with IA 2015.

Is anybody from Flexera even looking at this forum?
0 Kudos
dmazzella
Level 2

I worked around it by going into the home directory, and moving/deleting the ~/.InstallAnywhere directory -- notice the dot at the front of the dir.
After that I was able to build without hanging. FYI, this happened on a Centos 7 Linux box with InstallAnywhere 2017 SP1 and 2015 SP1.

[CODE]
[buildinstaller] You are attempting to open an InstallAnywhere Project created by a higher
[buildinstaller] edition of InstallAnywhere. InstallAnywhere will attempt to load and view
[buildinstaller] the requested project however, all actions not appropriate to this edition
[buildinstaller] will be removed. Saving or building the project will cause the original
[buildinstaller] FileAction: Deferring restore...
[buildinstaller] Merged locals dir path: wow
[buildinstaller] ExternalPropertySaver.updatePropertiesForRedirection()...
[buildinstaller] JumpAction: TargetEvent occurred

......... Hang here for hours before killing process.
[/CODE]
0 Kudos