cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kreddel
Level 3

Product registry name

Hi all,

can I change the name and/or the location of InstallAnywhere's product registry '.com.zerog.registry.xml'

best regards
Kreddel
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

AFAIK, no you cannot change anything about the com.zerog.registry.xml file, be that the name or the location. And it somewhat does make sense, as that registry is used by all setups that have been created by InstallAnywhere, be that yours or others... The location it might depend on the user rights, especially on Linux: if the user installing the application is not root, then a local repository will be created in the user's home directory, otherwise if it is installed as root, the registry will be created in the /var folder.
0 Kudos
Kreddel
Level 3

for me it would make sense, that you can give the registry an own name, because than you haven't to take care what other companies do and it is easier to maintain your own registry stuff.
On the other hand, if I have a common registry it should be easier to filter some stuff out of it, the only 'out of the box action' I have seen til now, is that you can look for a component and there the location lookup failed, if this component has no keyfile.
I think it should also give actions for analyse installed features and products.

best regards
Kreddel
0 Kudos
Kreddel
Level 3

for me it would make sense, that you can give the registry an own name, because than you haven't to take care what other companies do and it is easier to maintain your own registry stuff.
On the other hand, if I have a common registry it should be easier to filter some stuff out of it, the only 'out of the box action' I have seen til now, is that you can look for a component and there the location lookup failed, if this component has no keyfile.
I think it should also give actions for analyse installed features and products.

best regards
Kreddel
0 Kudos