cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jawsu02
Level 2

Password values logging in to install log in case of cutom code panel

Hi,

I have written a custom code panel and it has some fields through which inputs are collected from user. In that we have few password fields which are not supported to be written to install log. But they are getting logged in the install log in the below described model

#a
#-
PORTAL_ADMIN_PASSWORD=

The first comment value is its password value which is written to log file. I used the IA functionality to hide password but it is getting displayed at the top.

How to resolve this issue? your help is really appriciated.

Thanks,
Suresh
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Since IA2008 passwords can be encrypted (according to the following entry in the IA 2008 Release Notes):

* IOA-000027842 and IOA-000023417: Passwords and other potentially sensitive values can be encrypted (according to project settings) in the installation log and the install script. Users can configure variables on the Project > Info subtask.
0 Kudos
jawsu02
Level 2

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes IA allows us to encrypt passwords but we have seen that if we use that option our silent install of product fails. Because during silent installation we pass all the user parameters in a properties file and installer is expecting us to pass all passwords in encrypted format.

Thanks,
Suresh
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Then you can use a workaround I've been using since I've noticed that issue too (and the encryption was not available): in the last step of your post-install, when you no longer need those IA variables, you can nullify them, so they'll be written as such in the installation log!
0 Kudos