cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

Overwriting a lax variable "lax.nl.valid.vm.list" on a consolidated install.

Hi
I have created two different versions of installers(v1.0 and v2.0).Now the functionality I want is that when I install v2.0 on top of v1.0 the lax property file variable "lax.nl.valid.vm.list" should get overwritten by the v2.0 value.How can I do this.?.

-Vikz
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

The simplest way to do it, IMHO, is to recreate in version 2.0 the LaunchAnywhere already created in version 1.0, and on one hand make sure that you mark "overwrite existing file" (this will insure LAX overwriting) and on the other hand mark in the project properties the list of valid VMs.
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
The simplest way to do it, IMHO, is to recreate in version 2.0 the LaunchAnywhere already created in version 1.0, and on one hand make sure that you mark "overwrite existing file" (this will insure LAX overwriting) and on the other hand mark in the project properties the list of valid VMs.

Vlad
I have created a new LaunchAnywhere in v2.0.Now as far as my knowledge goes, in the "Install" tab ,for my xxx.exe that is the launcher/LaunchAnywhere has a "Edit Properties".Thats it..I did not see any "Overwrite existing file" for it.I see this overwrite option for files which are there in some specific location which I am referring to from IA but not for LaunchAnywhere.
In "Post Install" ,I see a task like "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$/xxx.lax" but I do not see any checkbox of Overwriting it.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Ok then, in the Project/File Settings set the Default File Overwrite Behavior to Always Overwrite, I think this should overwrite the LAX file.
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
Ok then, in the Project/File Settings set the Default File Overwrite Behavior to Always Overwrite, I think this should overwrite the LAX file.

Vlad....
It is set to "Always Overwrite" but I guess its not workin too 😞
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

Vikram Gosain wrote:
Vlad....
It is set to "Always Overwrite" but I guess its not workin too 😞

Is there any way we can do this through custom code.?.

Also is there any link where we can find some commonly used custom code.?
0 Kudos