cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dziants
Level 6

On installing SP3, does not recognise license when using command line.

I successfully installed SP3 of InstallAnywhere, and am able to work with the GUI designer without issues, having reentered my license file data.

Did not install in default location, because of a previous problem (please see my earlier thread) which is now solved.

On running command line after sp3, it gives me a response as if I do not have a license.

What do I need to do to enable the command line to recognise my enterprise edition license file?
Do I need to add any definitions?

David

akereadwrite:

init:
[echo] Running installer build with C:\InstallAnywhere_2011_Enterprise and My_Installer.iap_xml
[buildinstaller] Using Properties set in src\main\resources\build.properties
[buildinstaller] Trying to checkout IAEB version=12.0
[buildinstaller] No Such Feature Exists (-5,3037)
[buildinstaller] Trying to checkout IAEE version=12.0
[buildinstaller] This is an incomplete installation of InstallAnywhere 2011 Evaluation.
[buildinstaller] Result: -1

MakeESD:
[echo] Installer Build is done

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 1 second
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
madhavbantwal
Level 6

Hi David,

The Best Practice would be,You upgrade InstallAnyhere by installing the build onto the same location where your prior version of InstallAnywhere is located and not install it into a new location.

Hope this Helps.

Thanks,
Madhav Pai
0 Kudos
k_flowers
Level 2

Not sure about the Best practice comment, since why give the option of installing to any folder if this is not supported. Anyway, that is a different discussion for another time

To solve this issue is just a matter of modifying the "designer.license.file.path" property in the %USERPROFILE%\InstallAnywhere\125\Enterprise\preferences\com.zerog.ia.Designer.properties.

I changed it from pointing to the "...\\MyLicenses\\license.lic" to the license file with the actual name I got from the website.

Cheers!

Keith
0 Kudos
dziants
Level 6

Thank you very much, k_flowers, for your response.

I checked this entry in the preferences file you mention, and the license file there references "...\\MyLicenses\\license.lic" where license.lic was the license file that I took from the web site.

This is the same licence file which I received when purchasing IA a few weeks before. Are you trying to say that I need a new license file for SP3 or do I take the current file and just give it the exact name from the website? How can I find out what this name was?

As I mentioned previously, builds within the GUI work OK, it is just the ant command line build that does not work. Below is a copy of my build.properties file (renaming proprietary stuff). Is there anything special I need in build.properties ?

#build.properties:-
com.zerog.ia.build.options.output.web=true
com.zerog.ia.build.options.output.location=C\:\\My_Application\\My_Installation_Stuff\\My_Installer\\build
com.zerog.ia.installer.options.stderr.redirect=C\:\\temp\\stderr.txt
com.zerog.ia.installer.options.platform.unix.ui.default=Console
com.zerog.ia.build.options.output.merge=false

#Location.properties:-
IA_LOCATION=C\:\\InstallAnywhere_2011_Enterprise
Server_Project_file=My_Installer.iap_xml

k_flowers wrote:
Not sure about the Best practice comment, since why give the option of installing to any folder if this is not supported. Anyway, that is a different discussion for another time

To solve this issue is just a matter of modifying the "designer.license.file.path" property in the %USERPROFILE%\InstallAnywhere\125\Enterprise\preferences\com.zerog.ia.Designer.properties.

I changed it from pointing to the "...\\MyLicenses\\license.lic" to the license file with the actual name I got from the website.

Cheers!

Keith
0 Kudos
dziants
Level 6

Madhav,
Actually, the first thing I did was to try and install IA SP3 in the same place as my current build. It would not let me and said that I had to uninstall this before I install SP3 .

Not wanting to take risks - as apart from the blanks in the path name issue that I mentioned a month ago - the tool was more-or-less working OK. By installing IA on a path without blanks in the name, this is no longer an issue for me. ("quotes" and /escapes in different combinations as people on this forum suggested, did not help here.)

David

madhavbantwal wrote:
Hi David,

The Best Practice would be,You upgrade InstallAnyhere by installing the build onto the same location where your prior version of InstallAnywhere is located and not install it into a new location.

Hope this Helps.

Thanks,
Madhav Pai
0 Kudos