cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techie42
Level 6

Newbe Proplem with Magic folders?

In my install section I added $USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_1$ I then added an action to Set InstallAnywhere Variable - Single Variable $USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_1$ and I added the set value as $User_Install_DIR$$/$child_folder_1

After that I have an expand Archive ACTION to unzip files into $USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_1$

But now my project will not build? It is getting a error messasge:

Build failure.
Reason: null (java.lang.NullPointerException)

Suggestion/Details: If symptoms persist, contact Macrovision Developer Technical Support.

Bradley
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Techie42
Level 6

I have worked past the build fail. (I had an extra "Set InstallAnywhere Variable" that was empty.)

But I am still having no luck with expanding an archive to a user defined magic folder.

Variable Name: $USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_2$
Set Value to: $User_Install_DIR$$/$utils$/$tools

Selected Archive: $CCSBIN$\install_images\util\tools.zip

Destination path: $USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_2$

But the files are not getting installed.

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Does the run-time installation log file have any details for you? You can specify to generate this in Project > Info > Installation Log...

Robert
0 Kudos
Techie42
Level 6

RobertDickau wrote:
Does the run-time installation log file have any details for you? You can specify to generate this in Project > Info > Installation Log...

Robert

I have loging turned on. However there is no mention of the uncompress action. (Magic folders or other wise.)

Is there some point in the install where User defined Magic Folder have to be set up? I am doing this in the Install tab visual tree before the zip is installed but before the uncompress action.

Bradley
0 Kudos
Techie42
Level 6

RobertDickau wrote:

Robert

Robert on another magic folder note. I attempted to set up an environmental varriable called USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_2 = $USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_2$
But after the install the environmental var USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_2 = ""

Bradley
0 Kudos
purcellk24
Level 7

1. Try with $USER_INSTALL_DIR$ not $User_Install_Dir$.
2. If you have $USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_2$ = $USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_2$$/$someSubFolder, then make sure you have the evaluate at runtime box checked.
If the problem persists, either post your project, or post a sample project that replicates the problem.

Try running in debug mode (if on Windows, hold the Ctrl button while during expansion). What does it say there?
0 Kudos
Techie42
Level 6

purcellk24 wrote:
1. Try with $USER_INSTALL_DIR$ not $User_Install_Dir$.
2. If you have $USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_2$ = $USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_2$$/$someSubFolder, then make sure you have the evaluate at runtime box checked.
If the problem persists, either post your project, or post a sample project that replicates the problem.

Try running in debug mode (if on Windows, hold the Ctrl button while during expansion). What does it say there?

That worked! Thanks!

Bradley
0 Kudos