cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need to capture output of command line build

Hi,

I am using InstallAnywhere 2009 Build.exe to build my project through command line. When I hit enter to execute build.exe PROJECT_NAME, a new window opens, builds the project and exits.

I want to capture the process\output going on in that window (the one which gets launched) into a file for debug purpose. Can anyone help me urgently !!

Thanks in anticipation.
rudgr8
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Normally, building from the command line shouldn't do anything unusual to the build output, it should be displayed. In your case it looks like you're experiencing some sort of crash, as the build seems to exit immediately. On what platform does this happen. Have you tried running it from the command line?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi,

I did try building it through command line. When I write the command and hit enter, a new window pops up (with the heading "build.exe"), some commands are executed in it, then it exits and in my main window , I simply don't get any error\success message.

I can see the project is built and output .bin file generated at the desired location. that means build is successful. I just want to see the steps going on while building the project that appear in pop-up window. Thanks !!

Regards
rudgr8.
0 Kudos