Need the Example for Jump Action ( Next Target Action and Previous Target Action)
Could you please send me the example for for Jump Action with Next Target Action and Previous Action.
I have one checkbox , If it is selected i need to Skip one panel and need to Jump Next Panel and If is not selected not to Jump. I need the example for this scenario .
Panel 1 : Option ( Check Box Selected)
Panel 2 : Option is not Selected move to Panel 2
Panel 3 : Option is Selected move to Pane 3 directly from Panel 1
Re: Need the Example for Jump Action ( Next Target Action and Previous Target Action)
This can be achieved using "Add Jump Label" & "Jump to Target" actions
found in Install & Post Install Sequence.
Add a Jump Label Action just before Panel3. Name it, for Example, "JumpPanel3".
Add a "Jump to Target" action after Panel 1 & Set the Next Jump action as JumpPanel3
& add a rule to this action checking the selection status of the Checkbox.
Below are the steps for the sample , where I am using
Get User Input- simple panel (Panel 1) to capture the user input of the checkbox.
1. Add a Get User Input - Simple Panel (Panel 1) from
InstallAnywhere Designer->Sequence->Pre-Install->Add Action->Panels
2. In Get User Input Panel change Input Method to "CheckBoxes"
3. Set Results Variable as $USER_INPUT_1$
4. Select Configure Button and Select "Add"
5. Give Label: CheckBox_1
Default Value: Not Selected
6. Add Panel 2
7. Add Panel 3
8. Add a "Add Jump Label" Action (NOTE : Add this just ABOVE Panel 3)
from InstallAnywhere Designer->Sequence->Pre-Install->Add Action->
General->Add Jump Label
9. Enter Label as "JumpToPanel3" and add a description
10. Add "Jump To Target" Action
(Note : Add this Just AFTER Get User Input Panel or Panel 1)
from InstallAnywhere Designer->Sequence->Pre-Install
->Add Action->General->Jump to Target
11. In the action, For Next Jump Action choose Jump Label "JumpToPanel3".
12. In the same action, Select Rules tab -> Add Rule
--> Compare InstallAnywhere Variables
Enter Operand1 - $USER_INPUT_1$
Select "equals" from the Drop down
Enter Operand2 - "CheckBox_1" (not to miss double quotes)
Result will be :
If Checkbox is Selected will move to Panel 3 directly from Panel 1
If Checkbox is not Selected will move to Panel 2
Hope this example helps.