cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjandris
Level 5

Moving project to new build directory causes it to build non working installer

When we finish a release and make a new stream in accurev, the installer for this project fails when built from the new area. Example, the workspace for the successful release was in c:\users\build_area\v8.2.1.00 the workspace for the next release is in c:\users\build_area\v9.0.0.00. All the source paths are adjusted to point to the new area. The installer builds with no errors. When the product is installed, it fails with the following errors:
Install Uninstaller: Granite Inventory(Install All Uninstaller Components)
Additional Notes: ERROR - Flexeraaqs$aaa: No zip file found for entry: C_/users/build_area/v8.2.1.00/install_anywhere/graphics/ericsson_icon.ico
ERROR - Error writing LaunchAnywhere components (Access Denied)

Create LaunchAnywhere: Inventory Admin Client.exe (Install All LaunchAnywhere Java Executable Components)
Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Flexeraaqs$aaa: No zip file found for entry: C_/users/build_area/v8.2.1.00/install_anywhere/graphics/ericsson_icon.ico
FATAL ERROR - Error writing LaunchAnywhere components (Access Denied)

Create LaunchAnywhere: Inventory Client.exe (Install All LaunchAnywhere Java Executable Components)
Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Flexeraaqs$aaa: No zip file found for entry: C_/users/build_area/v8.2.1.00/install_anywhere/graphics/ericsson_icon.ico

Create LaunchAnywhere: IPAM Range Assign Wizard.exe (Install All LaunchAnywhere Java Executable Components)

Create LaunchAnywhere: IPAM Address Assign Wizard.exe (Install All LaunchAnywhere Java Executable Components)

Create LaunchAnywhere: IPAM Address Assign Wizard.exe (Install All LaunchAnywhere Java Executable Components)

This happened when I went from 8.2.0.00 release to 8.2.1.00, why is IA 2012 not using the source paths correctly.
Never had this problem with previous versions. Looking in the install builder IDE I see no where this is set. I can't build the products for testing until I figure this out.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
gjandris
Level 5

I found if I open the project and go to each launcher I want to build and put the icon in again, even though it says its the same Source Path , the install error goes away.
0 Kudos