cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trehananirudh
Level 3

Localization support for multiple languages | Disable combo box on flash screen

Hi,

I want to give support for multiple languages in InstallAnywhere project. When I checked check boxes for two languages English and Japanese in Build>Locales and created new build, the installer started me showing a combo box on flash screen with both languages EN and JA. I selected one language in combo box and then clicked "ok" to continue installation in the selected language. Is these any way through which I can disable this combo box and continue the installation automatically in the OS specific language?
For example if OS is in Japanese then installer should run in Japanese automatically without user intervention. Please note that the very first screen of installer comes in OS localized language and the combo box appears on flash screen.

Early reply would be highly appreciable as I am really stuck in this :(.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not come with the answer ... (As far as I know, this is not possible ...)

Selecting language from command line argument can be done with '-l' option
-l [_OPTIONAL_COUNTRY_CODE]
e.g. install.exe -l zh_CN
=> this link

so maybe you can get the OS local though a variable and put it in the UI/Project/JVM settings/Additional arguments (where you most probably put the "-Dlax.locales=all" for japanese )
But I'm not sure you can get variable resolved there ... nor that it can be helpful for what you want to do.

The $INSTALLER_LOCALE$ variable is read only so you cannot force it.

--Jerome

--Jerome
0 Kudos
trehananirudh
Level 3

Hi Jerome,

Could you please tell me the syntax to get OS local language. I tried giving additional command line argument "-Dlax.locales=ja" for Japanese, independent of OS language but the combo box is still enabled.

Thanks
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

Sorry about the -Dlax.locales=all setting confusion ... I thought you already had it set because I remembered (maybe I'm wrong) that it was mandatory when using Asian languages....

So I was just telling you that maybe a java variable set in "UI/Project/JVM settings/Additional arguments" field would be able to get the local language pre-defined (but I doubt this is possible).

Let's hope someone else have better answer (I am pretty sure there are already some post about this in this forum)

--Jerome
0 Kudos