cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khayati
Level 5

Linux client installable throwing error

Hi I have an installer created from IA which is working fyn on windows but on linux its throwing the error.......

Unable to locate the application's 'main' class. The class 'com.ibm.eReview.client.Client' must be public and have a 'public static void main(String[])' method. (LAX)
Unable to Launch Java Application: Unable to locate the application's 'main' class. The class 'com.ibm.eReview.client.Client' must be public and have a 'public static void main(String[])' method. (LAX)

Can some one help me?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

On what Linux flavour does this happen? Do you bundle any VM with your installer? The error you get is related to a custom code, isn't it?
0 Kudos
khayati
Level 5

Well it happens on any Unix system, i m trying to run.
No i m not bundling any VM with it.I m searching the Java from the installed machine and using it.
And my installer doesn't have any custom code with it .
It is a simple panels installation
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

If you do not bundle any VM then your installer must rely onto the existing VM... and maybe there's an incompatibility between IA and the existing VM version (this is why it's recommended to always bundle a VM even if you don't install it, in order to insure that your installer will always work, no matter what the conditions on the target system are (imagine that there is no VM installed, in that case your installer won't even run!)
0 Kudos