cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikolaevn
Level 2

Launch non executable file on Install Step

Hi all.

I'm trying to launch an Adobe AIR application (*.air file) on Install Step on Windows.
I have tried both .bat file and "launch script/batch file" actions but it doesn't work.
The problem is that I can't set the path properly
I have tried many variants of that: start /wait $USER_INSTALL_DIR$$/$$PRODUCT_NAME$$/$application.air

When I use the "Launch default Browser" action with this file (application.air) as a parameter all works fine,
but it's launched after the install process ends.

Could any provide a solution for launching non executable files or the right way to setting execute path in script properly?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
pv7721
Level 20

nikolaevn wrote:
Hi all.

I'm trying to launch an Adobe AIR application (*.air file) on Install Step on Windows.
I have tried both .bat file and "launch script/batch file" actions but it doesn't work.
The problem is that I can't set the path properly
I have tried many variants of that: start /wait $USER_INSTALL_DIR$$/$$PRODUCT_NAME$$/$application.air

When I use the "Launch default Browser" action with this file (application.air) as a parameter all works fine,
but it's launched after the install process ends.

Could any provide a solution for launching non executable files or the right way to setting execute path in script properly?

I think that the solution might be something like running the Command interpreter like this CMD /S "start /wait $USER_INSTALL_DIR$$/$$PRODUCT_NAME$$/$application.air"
(I'm not sure that the quotes are needed or not, but they might be needed if the path contains spaces)
0 Kudos