cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nihar1983
Level 5

LOG Messgae

Hi experts,

I have couple of issues. It will be great if someone respond quickly.
Thanks in advance 🙂 .
Issue 1:
while I am trying to install our Product using "install.bin" I am getting below logs.

Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

But instead of this log I want to give some message regarding our product where can I modify So that my message will display in console instead of the above message.

Issue 2:
For some validation during preinstall steps I am executing custom code . So every time it invoked I am seeing one message below in my console.

Custom code execution Started...
Custom code execution Completed...

I want not to display these messages to end user. So could you please suggest me where I need to modify.

Thanks once again.

Regards,
Nihar
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hello,

For issue 1/, I'm afraid there are no "nice" solution available. The install.bin file cannot be modified (not easily at least). So without writing a shell script that redirect output to e.g /dev/null, I do not see any good solution. If btw you use console mode, output redirection might drop useful console messages.

Regarding issue 2/, this is a bug in this version of InstallAnywhere 2010 (issue came with HotfixA if I well remember). The issue is fixed in InstallAnywhere 2011 so you just need to upgrade.

Regards

--Jerome
0 Kudos